Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wyoming Trip - Part 3

Part 1 is here.
Part 2 is here.

We left my hometown on the morning of the 23rd (Tuesday) and headed to Laramie where our University is located.  We planned on meeting a family that is very dear to us, who happened to be visiting at the same time.  Unfortunately none of the pictures I took at the park with them turned out decent enough to post.  So this is my record that it did actually happen.

After lunch, we headed to the University to spend a few hours while we waited for another friend to get off work.

Ladybug and Fritter playing in Prexy's Pasture on campus.

Dan and I in front of Engineering Hall where we spent WAY too many hours.

The block reads "The control of nature for the service of man."

While my dear husband was braving the crowds buying textbooks in the bookstore in order to get us shirts, we played in the Pasture.

Fritter sharpened his rock climbing skills.

And we all tried our best to fit in in the middle of a college campus.  What do you think?  Did we stand out?

We snuck into the stadium to watch our beloved Cowboys practice while we had a yummy Taco Johns dinner.  Never had Taco Johns?  You don't know what you are missing!

Trying to get a good picture of all of us with Steamboat behind us.

My beloved and Fritter in front of War Memorial Stadium.
We left Laramie that night and drove north to meet up with my husband's brother and his family.  Driving Wyoming roads is always an adventure, especially at night.  Besides watching out for deer and antelope, we drove right past a mountain on fire.  I didn't get any pictures, because it was too stressful of a drive to think about. 

Once we arrived, we spent even more time enjoying just being outside.

The boys played a little football.

Grandma soaked up lots of love from the little girls.

Sunflower loved all the attention she got from everyone, especially from my sister-in-law, L.

Fritter was able to test his new bike riding skills with more advanced riders.  He learned fun tricks such as jumping off curbs, and racing down driveways.  He got lots of road rash, and enjoyed every minute of it.

The cousins.

My brother-in-law, M, getting elusive snuggles from Ladybug.

The girls.

The boys.  Notice my dear husband's shirt?  :)

It was so nice to see M & L and their boys, and Dan's mom came as well to meet Sunflower for the first time.  My only wish is that we could see them more often than we get to.

Our drive home was, thankfully, uneventful.  We took our chances on a cute (from the outside) little motel in southern Utah, and regretted it.  See my rant in Part 1.  Overall, it was a very good trip.  One our family needed after the busyness of the past six months.

1 comment:

Kate said...

We had so much fun with you that day as well. It was just like old times! Still can't believe that I forgot my camera....:(