Thursday, January 28, 2016

{phfr} - Post Christmas Days

My hubby is on work travel for the next three weeks overseas.  Then he comes home for a week, and is gone for another three weeks.  I'm looking for contentment wherever I can find it...

{pretty}

I've been spending lots of time on Pinterest lately.  I've got quite a bit of dissatisfaction about my house.  Things that have remained plain or not given love for too long are being changed up.  I've restarted my own version of zone cleaning, and with that comes a Friday beautify day.  Essentially, I look at the space and see what areas need help.  Sometimes it's just a question of a little decluttering.  But this is where I am allowing myself time to make my home and not just survive in it.

This week I've been deep cleaning bathrooms.  We have two and both are unbelievably small.  The children along with any visitors must share a bathroom, and that poses quite a challenge.  The focus here for so long has been on clean and functional, not beautiful.  But there was a big blank wall above the shower that was just asking for attention.  I like the idea of gallery walls, but just haven't found the perfect thing to put up there.  And then I remembered that I have prints my cousin took from our long ago trip to Hawaii that just might work...


Yay!  A pretty wall in the bathroom.  Still working on the other bathroom's wall.
 This actually inspired a few other changes, including a new shower curtain and some storage baskets to clean up the visual clutter.  No pictures, because I didn't take any before, and what would be the use of showing you after with no before?

{happy}

My little Teddy bear is a very happy, cuddly baby.  He is learning to coo and has smiling down pat.  He's given us a few chuckles too.  This is my comfort while daddy is gone.


{funny}

I'm just now getting the last of my Christmas cards out.  Right before Lent starts.  I am on top of things!


{real}

This is life right now...

...hard work, focus, diligence.  All habits we are trying to increase.

Go visit Like Mother, Like Daughter for more contentment!

3 comments:

Leila said...

Thanks for joining! That little guy is working hard... good for him! He looks like a good companion. It's hard to keep up your spirits when the hubster is gone, but good for you to make your plans and fix things up.. .and then there's that chubby smile for you! :)

Marie-Claire Oman said...

I love the Friday beautify day idea! I've been sticking nails and hooks all over the house today to hang things that I was sick of having on the ground, does that count? :P (oh and I just had to gush over your tiny one - I also have a chubby November baby!)

Amanda said...

You're amazing for adding decor! It's always the hardest thing for me. Hence our randomness and numerous blank walls. Prayers for you while your husband is away. You are amazing and I'm grateful for all of you and your service! Plus your will to keep on keeping on is encouraging. And your tiny is adorable! They chub up so fast! We're a month postpartum and she already is getting to be such a chunk!! Oh and we skipped on Christmas cards this year for sure. I say, way to get them out! They'll be a delight to whomever receives them!