Thursday, March 26, 2015

Suffering and Hope

Some quotes and a song that have touched my heart recently:

To believe in suffering is pride: but to suffer, believing in God, is humility.  For pride may tell us that we are strong enough to suffer, that suffering is good for us because we are good.  Humility tells us that suffering is an evil which we must always expect to find in our lives because of the evil that is in ourselves.  But faith also knows that the mercy of God is given to those who seek him in suffering, and that by his grace we can overcome evil with good.  ~ Thomas Merton "No Man is an Island"

Be at Peace
Do not look forward in fear to the changes of life;
rather look to them with full hope as they arise.
God, whose very own you are, will deliver you from out of them.
He has kept you hitherto, and He will lead you safely through all things;
and when you cannot stand it, God will bury you in his arms.
Do not fear what may happen tomorrow;
the same everlasting Father who cares for you today
will take care of you then and every day.
He will either shield you from suffering, or will give you unfailing strength to bear it.
Be at peace, and put aside all anxious thoughts and imagination.
~ St. Francis de Sales

When I see that the burden is beyond my strength, I do not consider or analyze it or probe into it, but I run like a child to the Heart of Jesus and say only one word to Him: "You can do all things." And then I keep silent, because I know that Jesus Himself will intervene in the matter, and as for me, instead of tormenting myself, I use that time to love Him.  ~Diary of St. Faustina


And now for a song that I am singing today in all my everyday trials...


6 comments:

little sister said...

Thank you for your entry. On March 12, 2015 one of my sisters went into labor and lost her son from placental abruption. We almost lost her also. Six hours later and about 7 miles from the first sister my other sister delivered her daughter stillborn. Two precious angels in one day. Yes your words ring true and the quote from St Faust in a I live by. Please pray for my older brother a priest who has suffered 13 years with gvhd and now has incurable squamous cell carcinoma. God bless you in your ministry.

Cmerie said...

Of course I will pray. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Cmerie said...

Of course I will pray. I'm so sorry for your loss.

sourabh gupta said...

packers and movers mohali
packers and movers jalandhar
packers and movers
packers and movers ahmedabad
packers and movers surat
packers and movers rajkot
packers and movers Vadodara
packers and movers vijayawada
packers and movers Trivandrum
packers and movers pondicherry
packers and movers Visakhapatnam
packers and movers madurai
packers and movers trichy
packers and movers coimbatore
packers and movers cochin
packers and movers chandigarh
packers and movers amritsar
packers and movers ludhiana
packers and movers panchkula
packers and movers mohali
packers and movers jalandhar
packers and movers
packers and movers bangalore
packers and movers noida

sourabh gupta said...

packers and movers mumbai
packers and movers pune
packers and movers indore
packers and movers faridabad
packers and movers navi mumbai
packers and movers thane
packers and movers raipur
packers and movers gurgaon
packers and movers ghaziabad
packers and movers kolkata
packers and movers hyderabad
packers and movers delhi
packers and movers chennai
packers and movers chandigarh
packers and movers lucknow
packers and movers bhubaneswar
packers and movers patna
packers and movers hyderabad
packers and movers bangalore
packers and movers pune
packers and movers mumbai
packers and movers chennai
packers and movers delhi
packers and movers gurgaon
packers and movers noida
packers and movers kolkata
packers and movers faridabad
packers and movers lucknow
packers and movers indore

Ari sh said...

I have enjoyed this great information so much. packers and movers bangalore hsr layout packers and movers bangalore marathahalli packers and movers bangalore btm layout packers and movers bangalore bommanahalli packers and movers bangalore koramangala packers and movers bangalore jp nagar