Wednesday, June 12, 2013

{pretty, happy, funny, real} - The Under the Weather Edition

{real}

We've been sick with a nasty cold all week.  All of us, including the baby, are sneezing and coughing.  It's hard enough when the big kids are sick, but when your five week old is sick, plus yourself...well let's just say we've been doing a lot of sitting around.

 Why yes, that is some parts to a nebulizer.  Fritter woke up the other night with a croupy cough and was having trouble breathing and I had to resort to giving him a breathing treatment.
 At least I folded it.  I'm not sure when I'll put it away though.  I guess I could be doing that instead of blogging, right?

I could show you my kitchen floor, but I think that might just be a little too real if you know what I mean.

I could also take a picture of the tv, since that is really what we've been doing a lot of this week.  (Hello Netflix!) But instead I'll show you what we've managed to do besides watch tv.
 Lots of scribbling making works of art.
 Lots of reading.
 Lots and lots of reading.

 So much reading, in fact that both girls have already completed their library summer reading program (they have to have books read to them), and Fritter finished the first quarter of his (he has to read books to me).
 I've been doing a lot of my own reading as well.  My current fiction read is David Copperfield and I am thoroughly enjoying it.  (Maybe I should update my sidebar with my current reads, huh?) Don't let the planner fool you.  Not a lot of planning going on over here.
I've also been doing a lot of holding and snuggling and cuddling this little guy.  It is just no fun that he's sick, but he mostly has managed to stay his happy little self.

Go visit Like Mother, Like Daughter for more contentment!
round button chicken

2 comments:

Kate said...

Aw! Hope you all get well soon!

~Kate

momco3 said...

Thanks for sharing!