Friday, February 1, 2013

A Sweet Quilt For A Sweet Baby Girl


My cousin recently had a baby girl, and I felt the need to make her precious bundle something cozy.  This is only the second quilt I've made, so I had to look up instructions on how to tie a quilt.  This quilt only took me a day to make (at the expensive of other non-important things like folding laundry) and was fairly easy.  Although, next time I make a quilt like this I'm going to need to look at using a different type of needle.  I used a small embroidery needle (it's what I had on hand) to pull the yarn through, and though it worked, it was a little...painful for my fingers.  I'm thinking a larger needle next time and maybe a few of those rubbery thimble things would be in order.  Suggestions?

3 comments:

Kate said...

Beautiful Cmerie!!!

~Kate

Anonymous said...

So beautiful. We use it all of the time, which unfortunately has caused the yarn stitching to fall out. Doesn't bother us though, it is our favorite!

Thanks so much!

Ashleigh

Cmerie said...

Good to know Ashleigh. I planned on using the same technique on another (unfinished) quilt I have laying around, but I'm going to have to rethink it if the yarn falls out. I wonder if embroidery floss would work better?

Anyway, I'm glad you like it. :)