Thursday, January 10, 2013

{phfr} MOOO!

I'm not sure why but now blogger will only let me upload pictures from Picasa, which I've never used before, and seems to be more of a pain then it's worth.  Oh, well, at least I found the time to blog.  :)
 
 
round button chicken
 
{pretty}
Gratuitous pretty baby picture.

{happy}

I want to show you a couple of projects we recently finished.  The first is this chair.  This is actually the matching chair to the one we just reupholstered and restained.  I don't have a real before, because this project was started almost six years ago when we first moved to Arizona.  It never got finished and then as time went on it just sat, all lonely and taken apart and stripped, in a corner of the room.  But this is what the chair looked like before we did anything to it:

 And this is the chair now.  My darling husband did most of the initial sanding and tearing apart of the chair.  I did the reupholstering (which was not as hard as I thought it would be) and some finishing touches on the sanding.  He did all the staining and putting the chair back together.  A team project! One chair down, one chair to go (in another six year maybe?)
 The second finished project I want to show you is also in the picture above.  Do you see the kitchen table with the drop cloth on it in the background?  The table top came for free along with the hutch I showed you before.  It was the perfect size for our growing family, and we desperately needed a new kitchen table.  Our old one was small and a little strange in that you couldn't push the chairs in on either end.  Tripping over chairs every time I passed through the kitchen about drove me mad.  The only problem with this new table is that it was missing the legs.  Dan to the rescue!  He purchased new legs from one of the home improvement stores, stained them and put them on.  And now we have a like new kitchen table! 

Finished projects make me super happy.

{funny}
Kids are just funny aren't they?  About a year ago, Fritter found out about knock-knock jokes and can't seem to get enough of them.  His favorite by far is:
.
"Knock-knock."
"Who's there?"
"Interrupting cow."
"Interrupting co..."
"MOOO!"
.
We hear it over and over again.  And now Sunflower has picked up on the hilarity of it all and started mimicking her big brother.
.
"Knock-knock."
"Who's there?"
"Cow.  MOOO!"
.


 These two are two peas in a pod.

I like to call these next two pictures, Wishful Thinking.  Remember we live in the desert in Arizona.



 All signs inside point to snow.  Outside?
 Sunny, with perky little flowers growing.
 
{real}

 For New Year's Eve, we let the two older children stay up a little late.  We played Candy Land.  That game is stressful.  We thought it would be over quick when Ladybug drew the Queen Frostine card and got to skip all the way towards the end.  But wouldn't you know, she stalled out and later drew the Plumpy card and had to go almost back to the beginning.  This was the longest game of Candy Land we've ever played.

Fritter eventually won.  Finally.

To end this long and very random post, I leave you with a deep theological thought (or something like that).  Why are toddlers so attracted to tissue boxes?  Perhaps it is the soft fluffiness of the tissue, or the fact that they can pull them out one by one, but once out they never seem to go back in nicely again.  A metaphor for life?  Maybe. 

Note to visitors: this tissue is safe to use, it's only been pulled out and put back in again so many times that it looks used.  I promise, it's not.


Go visit all the other contented ladies at Like Mother, Like Daughter!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I often wish I would've taken the time to stack the candy land deck so as to get the game over with. ;). And why can't the pictures just appear in posts where we want them and as easily as possible. I've decide I can only spend so long on the formatting of pictures and things are just not going to be perfect. ;)