Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Birthday Weekend Recap

We had a visit from my mom this past weekend who came out to celebrate Fritter and Ladybug's birthdays with us.  The weather was great, the visit was nice, and the kids got totally spoiled by grandma.  
Fritter's homemade dinosaur birthday cake.  I found a great video tutorial on how to make it here.


Grandma got Ladybug a dollhouse for her birthday.  I'm just a little excited about it.  :)

Fritter got his first remote control car.  His dad is more than just a little excited.
I'm not sure if any other weekend will ever compare to this past one.  I feel like I need to sleep 12 hours just to make up for all the excitement.  We invited a few friends to celebrate with us.  The kids had so much fun.  I'm very thankful to have such good friends around us.

Ladybug looking for dinosaur eggs.

Batter up!  Remind me the next time I need a pinata to just make one instead of buying it.

Picking out which dinosaur would be his.

This is a store bought cake.  I had planned on cupcakes, but in the end decided less stress was better. 

Sunflower enjoyed watching the festivities. 
I don't think I'll be wanting birthday cake again anytime soon. Do you think Ladybug would settle for, say, quiche on her birthday?

1 comment:

Kate said...

Looks like you had a wonderful weekend!!Your dinosaur cake turned out perfect!Love the the picture of you on the floor with the doll house ~if I had been there, I'd have been right beside you;) Our week of birthdays starts next week....I am already trying to think of all the things I can do ahead of time to make it a little less hectic....


~Kate