Wednesday, March 23, 2011

In The Meantime

I'm amusing myself with my newest paperbackswap.com book.  Forever, Erma by Erma Bombeck.  In a conversation I had with a friend the other day, I mentioned my New Years Resolution of joy.  She knows me and knows just how serious I can be and recommended any one of Erma's books.  I did some searching and ordering and it came today.  Yay!

I just finished my first column and wow.  Is she hilarious or what?!

 While they were pumping his stomach, we took a good look at ourselves.  My husband was in a pair of thrown-over-the-chair denims and his pajama top.  I was wearing yesterday's house dress with no belt, no hose, and a scarf around my uncombed hair.  I was clutching a dish towel, my only accessory.  We looked like a family of Okies who had just stepped into the corridor long enough to get a tin can of water for our boiling radiator.  ~From Paint Tint Caper, Forever, Erma

Perhaps this is just the medicine I need to get my mind of things.  Goodnight all!

No comments: