Monday, December 13, 2010

On The Feast Of St. Lucy

We are feasting on St. Lucy bread for breakfast (St. Lucy is my patron saint). Doesn't it look wonderful? It really is. Come over and have a cup of coffee and I'll share some with you.

In other news, it's also my birthday today. It's my last year of my 20's and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Honestly, 29 kind of snuck up on me. I've been telling everyone (and believing myself) that I was turning 28. And then a few weeks ago I did the math (I know! Me, a math major.) and realized I had in fact been fooling myself and everyone else.

My husband surprised me with a very thoughtful gift last night. Besides the Macy's gift card (that I had asked for) he also got me the sweetest angel ever for our tree.

The picture is a little blurry, but this little angel has fallen asleep reading his book.  My dear, wonderful husband saw it and said it made him think of me.  ;-)
 
And tonight we are planning on dinner out at Olive Garden.  Yum!  I love feast days.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Happy Birthday, Cmerie!!!!! Sounds like you are having a lovely day! Wish I oculd stop in for a cup of coffee and some of the St. Lucy bread...... it looks sooo delicious.....

May God bless you and your family!

Love,
Kate