Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Beloved and Blessed

I actually finished reading Beloved and Blessed: Biblical Wisdom for Family Life by Kimberly Hahn months ago. And I finished it quick because it was that good. And I haven't reviewed it yet because I'm...not. ;-)

To be perfectly honest, I wasn't really prepared for what I was going to read in Hahn newest addition to her study on the woman of Proverbs 31. The entire first portion of the book is pretty frank Theology of the Body stuff. Which I loved. Reading this book was like sitting down with a wiser friend to tea and having their wisdom on married life poured out.

Kimberly Hahn also touches on such subjects as responsible parenthood, family finances, child rearing and discipline, and finally (one of the hardest sections for me to read) trusting God when parenting hurts. Some of that last section is reminiscent of one of Hahn's previous books Life Giving Love.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book, and gained great insight. I look forward to the next in this series. I would highly recommend it to any married woman.

This review was written as part of the Catholic book reviewer program from The Catholic Company. Visit The Catholic Company to find more information on Beloved and Blessed.

*I received this book from the Catholic Company in exchange for an honest review.*

1 comment:

Crafty P said...

I was just sitting down to write my review and saw you had written one and can I just say, I almost started my review THE EXACT same way! I read it in May/June but too fast. It was sooo good and chock full of great stuff. I've been re-reading it this week to finally type up my review of it. I loved it! Just had to share that funny similiarity with you.