Thursday, January 21, 2010

Small Successes

FaithButton



1. I have managed to clear a path in the addition/Ladybug's room. Our house doesn't have great storage space, and that room has become the makeshift attic space. When we moved Ladybug in there, I started on some curtains to divide the room, but hand sewing got to be too much for me, and I've only finished two of the three panels. But this week, I decided enough is enough. I plan on completely organizing the room and a huge yard sale will follow.

2. I mentioned before that I decided to not do MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers). I've also begun scaling back on other "engagements" in my attempt to refocus my energies on my family and home. It's truly a relief.

3. Hubby and I have come up with our yearly finance plan, and this year it includes buying a van and selling a car, finishing the plumbing on the house, painting the inside of the house, and remodeling the master bathroom. Lest you think we're being spendthrifts, we've also included a stringent plan to pay off a bothersome loan (making us debt free except for the house - woohoo!) and fully funding an emergency fund. We're finally moving on to other steps in the Total Money Makeover!

What are you're small success today? Share them at Faith & Family Live!

No comments: