Sunday, January 24, 2010

Home Is Where The Heart Is

Last week was so very very busy, and this week we have nothing at all to do. :-) I'm kidding in a way. We have stuff to do, stuff we can do, and stuff we need to do, but nothing really that takes us away from our home more than a run to the grocery store or a visit to the park.

These are my favorite weeks. I'm a homebody. My kids are homebodies. And that's really the way it should be. Because this is our domestic church. This is where we raise our kids, outside of the secular world.

It has been hard stepping away from some things, and there are those people who are less than thrilled at our decision. But that's ok. Because what really matters is that we have enough to give to our little family. When I feel myself pulled in 100 different directions, and everyone wants something from me, my fuse is short, my temper is loud, and everyone looses. As I was reminded long ago, I am a mother first.

I don't feel that volunteering is bad. In fact, I haven't cut off everything. It is good for me to get out a little and good for my kids to see me doing good for others. But that can't be my focus. And so I guess what I'm doing is refocusing. On becoming a better wife, a better mother, a better disciple of Christ. I'm growing. And that's a good thing.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Good for you, Cmerie! You are absolutely right:) May God bless you and your sweet family.

Love,
Kate