Tuesday, November 24, 2009

On A Day

...when I should be scouring every inch of my house in preparation for our Thanksgiving feast with my small family, I'm doing every inch of nothing and feeling sorry for my sick self.

On a day when I should be preparing those things that can be prepared today for our Thanksgiving feast, I'm sitting at the computer with blurry eyes contemplating how far away my bed is.

On a day when I should be drinking ten cups of extra strong coffee to keep me going, I'm drinking decaf green tea with honey and counting the hours until bedtime.

On a day like today, I wonder at God's humor. Sick two days before Thanksgiving?

But, He knows my plans. He knows that if I kept to the schedule I've set for myself, I'll be exhausted by Thanksgiving, and less than thankful. He knows that on a day like today, I need to rest. On a day like today, I am thankful for His Fatherly Love. He knows what I need more than I do.

1 comment:

Jennie C. said...

Happy Thanksgiving, even if you celebrate in bed. :-)