Monday, September 21, 2009

A Melancholy Post

I'm feeling very lonely. I miss my husband. Thankfully, I'm able to talk to him everyday, but because of the time difference he's either just waking up, or I'm just going to bed.

I'm feeling very poor me right now, but in the back of my head are thoughts of those women (some of whom I consider friends) who must go without their husbands for much, much longer. Or who have had to. And they often are unable to speak with them everyday. And their husbands are in less than safe areas.

So then I feel guilty for feeling like I do, because there are so many in much harder situations than myself. And then I just feel lonelier.

Most of the day it's fine. I'm used to him being at work during the day, and we have our routine around here. But right around dinner time it gets hard. And it's not just because I could use another pair of hands with our two little ones. It's mostly because I want to hug him and kiss him and ask him how his day went.

*sigh* It's only been about six days since he left. And there is only nine days until I go visit him. So why does it feel like an eternity?

1 comment:

Lora said...

Hey Candice - I can't imagine how hard this is to have your husband gone. I have a hard time when Joe comes home late from work so I know this must be tough. Please know that you are in my prayers and hopefully time will go fast! Let me know if I can do anything or if you need anything!