Monday, September 28, 2009

Chocolate Anyone?

I have been craving chocolate. I mean craving. I haven't bought any, because my budget has recently gone to more important things. That's not to say that I couldn't really afford $1 for a chocolate bar. I could. I just haven't.

Anyway, today, had I had a bag of chocolate chips in the fridge, they would have all been eaten. By me. All of them. But alas, I didn't have any. All I had was a bottle of Hershey's syrup. And it doesn't satisfy that craving. Ahem. So...

For dinner tonight, I planned on eating up the leftovers in the fridge. When you're going to be gone for two weeks, that's what you do. Instead, because of this raging chocolate craving, I went online to see if Pizza Hut had anything chocolate. They do. And they deliver. But the cost of a pizza! And they're not that great really. Especially after you're used to homemade. So I talked myself down from that very tall precipice.

Instead, I thought I'd go wake the sleeping baby, pack up the kids and go to the store for some chocolate and maybe some ice cream. Then I realized I was being irrational. Wake a sleeping baby for chocolate?! So we had the leftovers for dinner as planned, and my craving, while still there, has subsided a little. Just a little. ;-)

So I had an idea, and while I'm not going to do it, maybe one of you will, and I'll be your best customer. Why not have a Chocolate Hut (or other such name) where people like me could call and order? There could be high end chocolate, but also budget friendly chocolate. And you'd deliver it to my door within 45 minutes!

So? What are you waiting for? Just remember that you got the idea from me. The least you could do is provide me with free chocolate whenever I wanted it. I'll tip your driver good, too. ;-)

3 comments:

NP said...

I probably shouldn't share this with you since you've done so great at resisting, but I can't help it. I've been craving chocolate lately, too. (And Hubby didn't bring my Nutella home after work yesterday!)

So here's a five-minute chocolate cake recipe: http://tinyurl.com/6mzh4v

There are two important things you should know about this recipe.

1) It's only one serving, so you can't share.

2) You'll always be just five minutes from chocolate cake! =)

Peony Moss said...

If you keep a box of Hershey's cocoa powder around, you can also make up a single serving of insanely rich hot cocoa yummmm.....

Cmerie said...

Love the 5 minute cake recipe. There goes all that weight I've lost! ;-)

I love Hershey's hot cocoa. They also have the best chocolate cake recipe on the back of the box.