Wednesday, September 16, 2009

And...he's gone

My dear husband left this morning for his six week work trip. As I dropped him off at the airport, I told myself, "I'm not going to cry, I'm not going to cry."

Thankfully, we will be able to go see him in two weeks. But then it's another two weeks after we get home that he gets home. So instead of one big six week stretch, I'm thinking of it as two week stints. And two weeks really isn't that long, right? Right?

I had planned on keeping us busy for these weeks, but so far that won't work. You see, the kids are still sick. And after their last doses of antibiotics yesterday, Ladybug spiked another fever. So they have a follow up appointment this morning. More of the same, I'm guessing. I think we're going to be staying home at least until this weekend.

And that's ok. It just means there are more opportunities for hugs and love, since we won't be so busy. Maybe that's best.

But I am really going to miss him.

2 comments:

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Two week stretches is a good way of looking at it. I hope the time passes quickly!

NP said...

I'm sure it'll go by fast! I'll be praying for everyone to get healthy soon!