Monday, August 31, 2009

I'm Smitten

I have been for almost three years now, but if there was ever any doubt, tonight clinched the deal.

It was raining, which doesn't happen very often in the desert region of Arizona. So I went in to get Fritter who was almost asleep. But, hey, it's rain and I knew he'd enjoy seeing it. Dh, Fritter, and I gathered on the back porch to watch the rain when there was a big bolt of lightening and soon a loud clap of thunder. Fritter smiled and said, "It's a monster!" Then he put his little hand on my cheek, looked me in the eye and said, "No mama, it's not a monster, it's thunder."

My hubby had to sweep up my melted heart. ;-)

When I put him back in bed, I kissed him and said goodnight. Again, he put his little hand on my cheek and softly said, "Goodnight Mama."

Yep, definitely smitten.

No comments: