Sunday, August 30, 2009

Cloth Diapering Help?

I'm thinking of diving head first into cloth diapers. Including maybe putting Fritter in them, or not. We are going to start potty training (again) once his dad gets back from his 6 week business trip *sigh*. So maybe I'll just save the cost there and keep him in disposables until he's trained. Then again, I'll need the bigger sizes eventually, so I could go all the way right now.

Anyway, that wasn't the point of this post. There are so many options out there for cloth diapering, that I'm getting a little overwhelmed. For those of you who use cloth diapers I could use your advice. Please? Pretty please?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I got help in this same topic last summer on this post.

I will also say that the Bum Genius are cool, but the velcro only lasts through one year. I'm very disappointed, since they cost big bucks.

Cmerie said...

Thanks Michelle, for your help. There were great comments left at your post!

I have decided to go the prefold route, and found a cheap(er) starter kit at an online store. I think it was Cotton Babies. Anyway, they have a basic package that includes on Bum Genius for night and some of the nylon pants and a dozen prefolds.

I also ordered three other covers. I think two were Bummis Whisper wraps and one was a Prorap. I'll get more prefolds next payday, because 12 just isn't going to be enough.

I've also decided to not put Fritter in them, mostly because of the up front cost and because he'll be potty trained soon (hopefully). There is a little bit of Mommy Guilt involved there, but I know it's unwarranted.

I'm excited and also nervous about doing it at the same time.

Ha! I could have written a post just in this comment. Oh well. ;-)

Ian said...

When you decide to do the potty training, go find a copy of "Toilet Training in Less Than a Day" from your library.

The main author's last name is Azrin.

We've used it with six of our kids and it has worked every time with only a couple of the kids taking a few extra days to get it right.

My mom was 4 for 4 with all of us as well.