Monday, August 17, 2009

Wyoming Trip - Part 3 (The End)

Part 1 is here
Part 2 is here

We got into Billings that afternoon, and while I settled into our hotel, my dear husband went to the rehearsal (he was a groomsman). I knew that the wedding was the next day (Friday) at 11 and then the reception was at 3. I didn't want grumpy kids for the reception, so I talked to the people at the hotel front desk and asked if we could delay checkout until 3ish so I could come back after the wedding and give the kids a nap. We were willing to pay extra (once upon a time I was a maid in a hotel and knew the kind of inconvenience a late checkout could bring), but the hotel would have none of it. I explained my situation, but they told me the latest they could do was 11.
.
So the kids got a small nap right before we left for the wedding, and I planned on staying in the cry room the entire time. ;-)
.
It was a very pretty wedding, and was so good to see our dear friend Mr. S so happy. The reception was pretty too. We saw many friends we hadn't seen since leaving college, and Fritter found a friend of his own. Bad picture, sorry.
.
They danced and played together and had a great time.
.
When it was time for the garter toss, Fritter joined the group of eligible bachelors. That's him being lifted by another gentleman.
.

Do you see Fritter's little friend waiting in the background?
.
Ladybug found a sweetheart of her own. ;-)

We had to leave back to Wyoming that evening, but the kids slept most of the five hour drive, and Dh and I had a pleasant evening together.
.
We had a great time the next evening, the Fourth of July, and Fritter was fascinated with the fireworks. He still talks about them. "Going to see the fireworks at Grammas?" We had a little blip that afternoon, when Fritter decided it was time to be very grumpy at my hubby's cousins house, but mostly it was a good time.
.
The next day, we packed up and headed home, my husband driving his dad's old 1959 Edsel and me following in our car. It must have been a hot drive for my hubby, as we live in the desert region of Arizona and the Edsel does not have air conditioning, but in true hubby fashion he didn't complain. And the car did beautifully until about a mile or so from home. Even then, he was able to get it home without a tow truck.
.
We were happy to be home, and get settled back into our routine.
.
*Note: I apologize for this post taking so long. I've just written three excuses and deleted them all. Instead I'll tell you that I'm lazy and haven't been posting lately. How's that? ;-)

No comments: