Saturday, July 25, 2009

Great Preschooler Learning Game

Initially, I only made the shapes with tape on the floor, with the idea that we would hop from one shape to the next when I called them out. Fritter wasn't really ready for that game yet, though. So, I remembered the beanbags I had made him a few months ago, and came up with this idea.

We had Fritter stand behind the line and when we called out a shape he had to toss the beanbag to that shape. He really enjoyed it and did very well. Dh and I took turns with him, and when it was our turn, he told us which shape to throw it to. We tried to get one beanbag into each shape.

It was really cute watching him think about the names of the shapes and which ones still needed a beanbag. And just think about all the skills this game helped him develop!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a great idea!!
~ashleigh