Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Little Things

So, I haven't blogged in over a week. Wow. Sorry about that. Things have been...normal. And busy, all at the same time. What have I been doing? Well, I couldn't really say, except my husband and kids seem to be happy, so must be doing something. You know how it goes, right?

So many times, my day will go by and when I look back and ask myself what exactly it was that I did, I don't come up with anything specific. How do you tell someone that you have swept the floor twice, folded and put away three loads of laundry, cleaned two bathrooms, emptied and reloaded a dishwasher, read 5 books, played with playdough, kicked the ball, drank a cup of tea, ect., ect.? That's how it's been lately, and you know what? It's been good.

Too often, I think I look for those big exciting things in my life, when the best things are so small, that they are mostly unremembered. Not blogworthy, really, but they do bring a certain amount of comfort, and love, and...grace into our lives. It's cliche, but true. It's the little things that count.

2 comments:

Jennifer in TX said...

Keep on enjoying those little things!! I am really trying to "live in the moment," too. :)
Happy Days to you!

simplycatholic said...

Life is lived in the small moments - especially the "not blog worthy ones". You have a very nice blog.