Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Can I Just...

...brag about my little boy for a minute? You don't mind? Good. We are leaving for our trip to Wyoming on Friday, so today was all about running those last minute errands. I had library books to return, Fritter needed a haircut, I needed my eyebrows done, there were a few things I needed to pick up at the second hand store, AND I had to get to the grocery store for our trip food (we're driving and don't want to survive off McDonald's).

I was a little nervous taking Fritter to get his hair cut. We've been dealing with some terrible twos around here lately, and I prepared myself for a Fritter Total Meltdown. Before going into the salon, I told Fritter what was going to happen. He said, "No! I am not getting my hair cut, Mama!" *sigh* In we went.

As we were checking in, he spied suckers at the counter, and I told him that if he was a good boy, he could have one after his haircut. (In my book, bribery is fair game.) Amazingly, he agreed. While waiting, he quietly playing with a toy. And then it was his turn. He bravely went to the chair, sat down, and stayed perfectly still while he got his hair cut. As promised he also got a sucker. Then it was my turn, and again, he sat like a perfect angel. He even chatted it up with the other hair stylest and some customers. The lady doing my eyebrows sighed and said, "I can't wait to have kids." ;-)

We were gone all morning, and still Fritter was well behaved. Hey, maybe that consistency thing is paying off! Or maybe today is just an off day for him. Either way, I'll take it.

2 comments:

Jennifer in TX said...

Prayers for a safe trip!

Lora said...

Have a fun trip! We look forward to seeing you when you get back!