Thursday, April 16, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton



1
The biggest success I had today was starting AND completely finishing cleaning our apartment from top to bottom. I started at 8:30 and finished at 1:30, and here's the kicker, with both kids with me! We turn the keys in tomorrow, and won't look back.



2
After working very hard today, I'm exhausted and fairly short tempered. What's the success there, you ask? Well, I'll tell you. I have not raised my voice once this afternoon to Fritter, and I very humbly and mildly informed my dear, patient husband, that today would not be a good day to talk about anything of consequence. He understood, and as long as I make it until lights out tonight continuing to keep my cool, things will be good. That's a big success in my book.



3
This post can be considered a success today, can't it? Or perhaps the fact that I'm multitasking while writing it. Fritter is in the bath, so every few minutes I am getting up to check on him. The office is right across the hall from his bathroom, so I can hear him splashing and laughing, so don't worry, I'm not neglecting my duties or anything. Well, it'll have to do, because my brain is starting to shut down, and I can't think of any other success right now.

Go visit Faith & Family Live for more Small Successes.

1 comment:

ViolinMama said...

GREAT job on the apartment!!! I hope your move is wonderful and better than the past!

We do the same with the bath for now. Older one is ok as long as I can hear her. It's nice to be able to safely multitask again!

Have a GREAT week. You are a great mom! Awesome job on the quiet patience!! :)