Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'm Breaking My Fast

...again. I read a few posts today, and am posting here. I needed to. I need the connection today. Since moving, I have become so overwhelmed that I'm starting to feel a little depressed. It seems there is so much to do, so little time, and so many bodies that need me. Did I mention we got a kitten from the shelter? I don't know what I was thinking, but we did. And she's cute and sweet and very tolerate of Fritter (who follows her around all day), but she is SO needy. Today, if it wasn't a feverish toddler needing my attention, it was the hungry baby. If it wasn't the baby that wanted snuggled, it was the toddler getting into something he shouldn't. And when they were both sleeping, (which happens for like a half-hour at the same time) it was the cat mewing and pawing for some love. Today has been one of those hard days. So I broke my fast to read along with some of you mothers who do what I do. Give. All day. Of yourself. It's you, my friends, that reassure me that I can get through today, and tomorrow may be just as hard, but it's worth it. It really is, although, in the midst of it all, it's sometimes hard to remember that. If you are looking for someone to pray for, I wouldn't mind if you decided to pray for me. I could use it.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

prayers and hugs

Karen E. said...

Prayers for you! Hang in there. Easter is almost here. :-)

NP said...

I'll definitely keep you in my prayers! Remember that Mother Mary is watching over you!

Lora and Joe said...

You are in my prayers!

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

You'll be in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, dear friend!

Love and prayers,
Kate

aspiring f.o.o.L. said...

April 9, 2009

I don't remember now if I found your site by linking from another site, or if it came up when searching/researching for my next post. In any event, I'm writing to let you know I appreciate the quote in your header: it's very meaningful in many contexts, including my next post.

"To say that man is created in the image and likeness of God means that man is called to exist 'for' others, to become a gift." --John Paul II, Mulieris Dignitatem

The peace of our Lord be with you through you in you, I pray in Jesus' Name. Amen. +

Cmerie said...

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. They were greatly appreciated!

aspiring f.o.o.L., I'm glad you found my site and were inspired by the quote. When I first read that, I knew I needed to include it on my blog somehow. It sums up my vocation well. Not that I live it perfectly, but I do "aspire" to.

God bless!