Thursday, February 12, 2009

Small Successes Volume 4

FaithButton


This is my first time participating in Faith & Family's Small Successes. To see all the participants small successes visit Faith & Family.


1
I taught Fritter how to sort fuzzy little balls by color. Mommy Teach Me! suggests using colored buttons, but we didn't have any and I did have fuzzy little balls. ;-) I've been trying to work with him on many little tasks, and up until this point we haven't had much success. He's 2 and distractable and I have limited patience. I'm sure you can see where that led us. But Monday I tried this activity and started with 4 different colors. No luck. So I tried only 2 colors and really sat down with him and kept him focused and SUCCESS!


2
I have successfully kept my grocery bill under $80/week for over a month now. Actually, last week I spent $62. I've made a 5 week rotating menu. Sunday's we have a large meat meal, like meatloaf or chicken or roast. I then portion the leftover meat, freezing some, and use it throughout the rest of the month for other meals. We've also been having one soup a week, and one bean meal a week, with 2 leftover nights. So far it seems to be working.


3
I got two whole boxes packed for our move that could happen anytime between soon and not-so-soon. (The house we're looking at buying is a short-sale). That only leaves the rest of the house to pack, but it's a start.

What are your small successes this week?

No comments: