Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New House

We found it. I know I said that before, and we had planned on making an offer on that house last Friday. As a last ditch effort, however, we decided to look at five more houses. The last house we looked at, we fell in love with and moved on it. Because this house is NOT a short sale, (it's one of the few on the market that is owner owned), we can close quickly. The offer has been accepted (actually, they gave a small counter-offer, which we readily agreed to) and the house is getting inspected tomorrow. I've been so busy with all of this, while still trying to maintain my home and take care of my family, so I haven't had much of a chance to update you all. I'm sure you understand. ;-)

So about the house. It's four bedrooms, two baths, and has a pool. I know, I know, I said I didn't want one, but the idea grew on me. We have gotten an estimate for this kind of a pool fence, and it is going up before we even think about moving in. The best part about this house is that other than the fence, we don't have to do anything to it to move in. It's been done for us. Eventually we will paint, but for right now, we need to let the dust settle on the pocket book before doing anything extra, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, the house is older, it was built in 1977, but is in a great neighborhood. The houses age lends to its character, unlike most new houses in the area. The kitchen is, again, a little small, but it's bigger than my current kitchen, with more cabinet and counter space, so I don't think I'll mind too much. Oh! And did I mention that we get all the furniture that's in the house?! That includes a dining room table and six chairs, a sofa and a loveseat, a nifty breakfast bench table, and a coffee table and end table. All the appliances come with it too. Oh! I'm so excited. I'll share pictures after we move in, but for now, please pray that everything goes smoothly for us, and that Fritter has an easy adjustment. (Poor guy, he's had so many changes lately).

4 comments:

Baby Carpinito said...

Congratulations!!!! That is so exciting! Can't wait to see pics!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news Cmerie!!!!!! We are thrilled for you!!! Can't believe how big the kids are getting. Loved the video of Ladybug laughing.....and I could hardly believe Fritter. You must be so proud of your little man -he's gotten so big.
Keeping busy here. Almost through potty training Elena(I think girls are easier than boys)......and we are getting a dog this weekend....so I will have to do the potty training thing again;) Mom and Dad's german shepherd had 10 pups, and we are taking one of the boys. He is really cute.....black with brown markings and a white cross on his chest. We decided to name him Dismas, after "the Good Thief". I go from being excited one minute to thinking I am crazy the next. After all, sometimes I think it's all I can do to keep up with my munchkins!!!! Well, speaking of munchkins.....I need to go. God bless and keep you, my friend.

Love,
Kate

Mrs. M said...

Yah! I am so excited for you! It sounds great and the pool could bring a lot of fun to you and the family. My only piece of advice is to make sure both children learn how to swim. I know this is probably a no-brainer but I live in FL and I know that sometimes the only relief from the heat is a nice swim. And its just really good to teach children at a young age how to swim along with pool safety. I know you have a lot going on but if you get a chance it might be a fun activity for you, fritter and ladybug. God Bless!

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

How exciting for you! Can't wait to see pictures and start hearing about your homeowner experiences!