Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Look in the Past, Holding Onto the Present

At night, after the battle for bed is over, and my day is dwindling to a close, and I have had a chance to sigh and gather my thoughts and plan for tomorrow, I thank God for all the gifts He has given me. It's hard for me to believe sometimes that I am a mother of two, a toddler and a newborn. And though the toddler takes up quite a bit of my time and patience, and I don't get to enjoy the baby as much as I'd like, and getting enough privacy to even go to the restroom is a luxury, I realize how blessed I really am.
.
I look at my beautiful boy when he's asleep, and tuck the blankets around his little body, and marvel at how much he's grown. He's a real boy now. Oh, he may still have a little baby left in him, but not much. There are times when he's really pushing boundaries that I wonder if we'll ever get through these days. But other times, when he wakes from his nap and comes running to my arms, that I know I'll miss them when they're gone. I'm learning to live in, and relish, these moments. I need to be more like Our Lady and take these things and ponder them in my heart.
.
Fritter - Nov. 8, 2006

Mom and Fritter - college graduation, Dec. 2006

Dad and Fritter - college graduation, May 2007

My boy

Good clean fun

Halloween 2008

Ladybug - Nov. 26, 2008

Siblings

Sweet girl

Getting big!

2 comments:

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Your children look so precious! Yes, the moments go by so fast.

Cmerie said...

Thanks Lisa!