Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New Month Resolution

This is the first time I've participated in Michelle's New Month's Resolutions. I've been wanting to, but, well, I'm a little lazy sometimes.

Unlike the pictures of Ladybug below, this time I'm a little early. When you see the next picture I'm posting, you'll understand why. It's a necessity. We are drowning in STUFF. I'm horrible at putting things away when I'm done using them, and my bad habit has rubbed off on my hubby. If we don't nip this in the bud now, it will rub off on Fritter and eventually Ladybug too.

Today, I looked around my home and got overwhelmed. The piles were starting to take over again, and I just didn't know where to start. So I went through the main rooms of the apartment, basically the living room, dining room, and kitchen counters, and put everything that needed to be put away in a laundry basket. Here's what I ended up with:


If you look just at the top of the basket, you will see Ladybug's baptismal candle, certificate, and towel from a week and a half ago that I haven't gotten to yet. The Saints at the Dinner Table that I reviewed is still out. Not to mention the rest of the stuff in the basket.

So, my New Month's Resolution for February, for our entire family, is don't put it down, put it away. If I can do it, the rest of the family can too, right?

No comments: