Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm Ready

38 weeks and 3 days is how far they told me I am today at my ultrasound. I feel more like 48 weeks and 6 days. ;-)

I'm ready. My hubby is ready. I'm not really sure if Fritter is ready, but he's probably as ready as he's going to get. We're just waiting for the little one to decide that he/she is ready. My cold is mostly gone (yeah, I finally got sick), the laundry is mostly done, I've baked those apple pies (one for us and one for our unlucky neighbors who get to live below us and the often noisy toddler), and the freezer is stocked. I'm not sure what else I could possibly do, and my patience is waning. Today I took a nice long walk with Fritter. I told my husband that anyone who saw the large pregnant woman walking briskly pushing a stroller probably had to keep from falling over laughing. :-) I've been sitting on my birth ball, swaying and bouncing, at any chance I get. And I'm resting and eating those carbs and drinking my water. *sigh* Tell me the baby will come when he/she's ready.

My ultrasound today said the baby weighs anywhere from 6 lbs. to 6 1/2 lbs. Little thing. Also, my amniotic fluid level has gone down to 7ish. They're not too worried at this point, and I'm guessing it could have something to do with me being sick. Or maybe it's almost time? I was hoping by lunch today I'd be calling my dh to come home from work, but alas...

Did I mention I'm ready?

3 comments:

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Can't wait to hear the news when the big day comes!

Anonymous said...

Dear Cmerie,

Keep hanging in there!!!! This is always the toughest stage of one's pregnancy (at least I think so, anyways!!!). "I'm feelin' ya, sistuh!;)" No baby yet here either! I am trying to just forget about being pregnant..........HA!!!!-Like that is possible;) I was so glad to read that you are doing so well with everything and that your fluid levels are okay.....I was a bit worried for you when you first mentioned it. Your doula sounds awesome too. It is all so exciting, I just can hardly wait to hear what your little one is like, and to meet ours as well. I really want to call you one of these days........it has just been so crazy lately. May God bless you and keep you, my dear friend. Hopefully the next time I talk to you, your sweet little one will have arrived..........as for me....well, I am resigned to being pregnant forever......(wink)

Much love,
Kate

Cmerie said...

Kate, I am so glad to hear from you. I was thinking about you yesterday, wondering if you had had your baby yet or not. Guess not. ;-)

It didn't seem this hard with Fritter, I think I was blessed with a much easier pregnancy with him. This time I'm having a harder time with the waiting game. All in God's time I suppose.

I'm so excited to hear all about your new little when he/she comes. What have you decided for names? You can email me if you'd rather not post it here.

Lisa, I will definatly keep you all posted. I might even ask my hubby come on to post about it if I can't right away. ;-)