Friday, November 14, 2008

Day By Day

Everyday I fall more in love with my soon-to-be-born son or daughter. As I was laying in bed this afternoon after waking up from a great nap, little one seemed to wake up with me. After a couple of quick moves, the baby settled down for a nice round of hiccups. :-) It's actually taken me longer to get to this point than it did with Fritter, mostly because I'm too busy to really just stop and dream about and feel my baby. But that doesn't mean that it's any less amazing this time around. Every night, I lay down to go to sleep right next to the new baby's crib, and wonder if when I lay down the next time the crib won't be full of a little swaddled baby. Tomorrow we will be 38 weeks pregnant. It's getting so close, yet it feels like a lifetime away right now. My patience is already dwindling, and yet I know that this little one will be born when it's time. I'm just excited to touch his/her little face and hands and feet and wonder at the marvel of new life.

Day by day I'm falling more in love with you
And day by day my love seems to grow
There isn't any end to my devotion
It's deeper dear by far than any ocean

--Frank Sinatra

2 comments:

Baby Carpinito said...

I am so excited for you all and can't wait to find out if its a boy or girl!!!!

Cmerie said...

I'm excited for you as well! I'm glad I can keep updated on how you are doing through your blog. I can't wait to see what your little guy looks like!