Thursday, November 20, 2008

Contractions and Worries

Well, I thought yesterday might have been it. I had been having much stronger contractions, and quite a bit more of them all day, although they were irregular and not really close together. So I did like any other mother would do. I put the oven on self-clean and set the timer for 4 hours and 20 minutes. Unfortunately, I didn't think about how warm it would get in our apartment. The windows were all opened to let the smoke and yucky smell out, but it didn't help to cool the place, because it was 88 yesterday. It was worth it though, my oven is now clean and ready to cook a Thanksgiving turkey. ;-)

This morning around 3am, I woke up with a low back ache, and some more contractions. I had maybe 6 or 7 in an hour, and really thought my labor was starting. I woke up my dear husband just to prepare him, but told him I was going to hop in the bath for a little while and that he could go back to sleep. I did, and he did, and they stopped. I thought I would be able to go back to sleep easily, but I got the middle of the night worries. Am I completely packed? I need to make sure I tell our friends who are taking Fritter that they really watch him, because he's very fast and will run in the street if he gets a chance. I still haven't folded that laundry...ect, ect. I finally fell asleep around 4:30 or so.

I have a doctor's appointment this morning, and am hoping she will have some good news for me about whether I've made any progress or not. Maybe today will be the day. Or maybe not.

Updated a little late: My doctor said I was 2 cm dialated, 50% effaced, and the baby was at -1 station. So while it may not have been the real thing, at least it did something!

4 comments:

Margaret in Minnesota said...

I have lit a candle and am going to go pray for you as soon as I leave this comment! You are so close to welcoming your little one into the world! What a wonder! What an unbelievable joy.

PS. There is a very good chance that your baby will be born on one of my daughters' birthdays. One of them turns eight tomorrow and the other turns six on Saturday. :)

Cmerie said...

Thank you Margaret so much for your prayers. They really mean a lot. I'm honored to see that you've even read my blog. I've been a big fan of yours for quite some time. ;-)

Happy birthday to your girls! It would be wonderful if our little one WAS born either today (Friday) or tomorrow.

God bless!

Margaret in Minnesota said...

Still hanging in there, I see? :)

Cmerie said...

*sigh* ;-) Yep, I'm still here.