Monday, October 6, 2008

Praying For A Healthier Week

Whew! Am I glad last week is over. Wednesday after his nap, Fritter woke with a low-grade fever. To make a long story short, we ended up taking him to a pediatric clinic in our area that is open all night long, with a fever of 102.6 and after he vomited twice. He was diagnosed with strep throat, and started him on antibiotics on Thursday morning.

Thursday afternoon, he refused to nap, and when I went into his room, I noticed he had a couple of what looked like small mosquito bites on the side of his face. Thinking maybe there was something in his room that could be biting him, I changed all the sheets, scrubbed the mattress pad thingy, and dusted and vacuumed everywhere. I never saw anything, but I was hopeful I had taken care of it. That night he had a hard time falling asleep, and by 10 I was so tired, I brought him in bed with me. DH slept on the couch ;-).

He started seeming better Friday, but I noticed two more mosquito-looking bumps on him. Saturday morning he had one very large bump on his cheek and another on his head, and he was complaining of itchy eyes. I realized (finally) that he was having a mild allergic reaction to his amoxicillin. So I called the pediatricians office, and they ordered him a new antibiotic.

Also, Saturday morning, DH had a list of things he wanted to get done. He left after breakfast to get the car washed and vacuumed, and when he got back he was pale and sweaty and feeling really tired and yucky. He had a fever and so went to the Urgent Care (so much better than the ER) to get a throat culture. It came back negative, but the doctor said it was only 60% accurate and since Fritter had strep, he put DH on an antibiotic.

After an entire weekend of Fritter getting better and my poor DH getting sick, it's Monday. My hubby went to work this morning, despite still feeling really bad. He called around 10 this morning to ask what to take to get his fever down. I asked him to come home, but he said he had meetings to go to that he couldn't miss. *sigh* I'm beginning to think that DH doesn't have strep after all, and has a case of the flu or something.

Thankfully I haven't gotten sick, and am doing my best to stay healthy and nurse everyone else back to full health.

3 comments:

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Oh, these illnesses are so awful. I'll pray that you are successful in keeping healthy after all that. Mommas can't afford to get sick!

Jennie C. said...

Change of season colds. We've been sick here twice in less than three weeks, and we aren't often prone to getting sick. It always seems to me that our bodies are more vulnerable when the weather is changing, even if it's only a mild change, like it is here!

Hope you all are feeling better quickly.

Cmerie said...

Thank you both for your comments and prayers. Fritter is pretty much all better, although he still has one more day of antibiotics. Thankfully, my DH is much, much better today. And I still haven't gotten sick. Yay!