Monday, September 22, 2008

Dinner Guests

So I'm totally freaking out. I went out on a limb and invited one of the girls from my Familia class over to dinner this Friday, along with her husband (whom we've never met). She just recently moved here from North Dakota and is pregnant with her first (they're due in December). I figured, heck, she doesn't have any friends and neither do we, so this could benefit us both! ;-) I'm half kidding. She seems really nice, and get this...she's my age! Yay!

Here's what I'm freaking out about, though. 1) We live in a small apartment, and I actually have to go to Target this week to find two matching dining room chairs, because we don't have enough seats to sit at the table. I'm comforted to know that they live in an apartment also, but still. 2) Because we don't know each other well, and we don't know her husband at all, what are we going to talk about? I know we will suffer through a couple of awkward silences. 3) I'm making homemade pizza for dinner (it's fun, easy, and good) but don't know what to do about dessert. Any ideas? Maybe brownies.

I'm sure it will all turn out ok, but this is definitely new to me. I just don't do this kind of thing. Please pray for me, and any advice is a plus!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This is great!

Talk about sports, baby names, where to find the cheapest diapers, pediatricians, ask about where they are from, who they left behind, why they moved, do they have siblings, were they cradle Catholics. As long as you don't pepper them with questions like an interrogator, there are plenty of get-to-know-you conversations to have.

Pizza and brownies sounds just fine.