Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sore Hips

I dealt with sore hips while pregnant with Fritter. I was able to sleep by using a body pillow. I've told you about this before. This time, my hips are worse. When I lay down to sleep, my right hip, from just below my waist to the middle of my thigh, get tingly and numb. It doesn't matter what side I lay on, it's always my right hip. It makes for an uncomfortable night.

Last night, after trying for two hours to sleep, I pulled out What to Expect When You're Expecting and read up on Sciatica and then did a small amount of internet research. I'm thinking that's what this is. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there's much I can do about it. The book recommends a heating pad where the pain is the worst, but it's not really pain. It's just numbness. Anybody ever dealt with this before? What's worked for you?

**Updated on Friday to add: I did these stretches several times yesterday and slept great. I don't suppose that had anything to do with staying up until 11 to watch two episodes of Battlestar Galactica?**

1 comment:

vbacfacts said...

Hey - fellow BG fan here... find a DO who specializes in osteopathic manipulative medicine... that might help...