Friday, July 25, 2008

Lord Have Mercy

After reading this post by Colleen Hammond this morning (the link to the article is also on my right sidebar), I'm feeling more than a little depressed. I don't really even have words to say how I feel. If you are not Catholic, you may not know that we believe that the Eucharist is truly the body and blood of Jesus Christ. So when I read that someone would deliberately desecrate it, by piercing it with a rusty nail and throwing it in the garbage (a university professor no less), I can't help but cry.

What kind of a world do we live in when someone would do such a thing to something held so sacred to so many people? Why would a person even want to do this?

I don't know what else to say.

2 comments:

Melissa~ said...

Hi Cmerie,

I stopped by to thank you for visiting my blog and was saddened to read this.

You know it really isn't surprising though and it's for the same reason they crucified our Lord in the first place.

sin and the devil.

What someone like that doesn't understand is that what he did has *no bearing* on the sacrifice that Christ Jesus made for us and in fact *reinforces* the beauty of God's willingness to have His Son be pierced through with nails on our behalf...even the professor's behalf.

I will be praying for him. What a mighty testimony it will be when he comes to know Jesus in a personal way and tells the story (like Paul) of when he persecuted the Lord.

What the devil meant for evil God will use for good.

Blessings,

♥ Melissa~
Pink Paper Peppermints

Cmerie said...

Melissa,

I am so glad you stopped by! I think praying for this professor is really the best thing we can do. Even if he doesn't like it.

God bless you!