Thursday, July 24, 2008

Discussion with Doula

We just met our doula!! Can you tell I'm super excited? If I could type any faster, I would. She is a sweet young lady, who is very calming and nice and full of information. My dh likes her too. The thing that really makes me feel good about her is that I asked what happens if she has another birth at the same time I go into labor? (If you know my labor story with Fritter, you know my midwife went out of town the day I went into labor). She said that she has a back-up doula that would be with us until she could be there. The thing that clinched it though, she said that she feels that God really will dictate what births she attends. Maybe reading it doesn't sound as great, but when she said it, it really made me realize that she's right. God will take care of me. We are in His hands, and He knows what we need. So if He wants her at our birth, then she will be there. Eeekkk!! (Me squealing with joy!) Now I'm not going to be able to sleep because of my hips and my exuberance. ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am super excited for you!!!!!! Isn't God so awesome?

Love,
Kate