Monday, May 19, 2008

Heat Advisory

It isn't officially summer until June 21, but it already feels like it. We hit 110 degrees (F) today! Yikes! Tomorrow doesn't look much better at 108. I wasn't ready for this yet, and I'm still adjusting to the fact that we stay inside in the summer.

I feel like we should be out having picnics and taking walks and going to the park. Nope. It's too hot. We did all that when most of the country was freezing this winter. It was nice then to be able to brag to family that we were enjoying mid 60's while they were getting buried in cold blizzards.

Snowy, cold weather can be nice for a while. But there's only so much hot cocoa and snuggling under blankets a person can take. Ok, maybe you can never get enough hot cocoa, but after 5 months of cold and wind and blowing snow, a person tends to go a little crazy. So it was nice in April not having to deal with that.

It is strange to have things flipped upside down. I wonder if I'll ever get used to it. We don't tend to see cooler days here (by cool I mean below 100) until the middle of October. We have a long summer ahead of us.

3 comments:

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Now that is hot weather. And I thought it was hot here when we were in the 90's!

AC Momma said...

We hit a record high of 103 the other day....but 110...in May?? Ouch!! I hope you guys are getting some relief in the weather like we are starting tomorrow. I feel like the kids and I have been vampires staying inside with all the blinds closed to try to keep it semi-cool in the house. I couldn't take it anymore and have turned on the AC, but I can't wait to open the windows tomorrow and let the sun and fresh air in.

Cmerie said...

We are cooling a bit for the rest of the week it looks like. We've had quite a bit of wind and sandstorms today, so even though it's only in the 90's we still can't go outside. Tomorrow we're only supposed to get up to 79 or so and some rain. You can bet our windows will be open. We may even go for a walk if it's not too bad.