Sunday, April 13, 2008

Piles

The clutter in this house is driving me crazy! I have been sick (praise God!) and pretty much the only thing I've been able to accomplish, as far as housework, has been cleaning the kitchen and making my bed each morning. Everything else has been getting pushed aside for those couple of times during the day that I feel well enough to pick something up.

Because I have not been staying on top of it all, the clutter has just been piling up. My desk is covered in papers and bills that need to be organized. My dresser has socks waiting for their mates, about 3 National Catholic Register's yet to be read, and all the free samples that came with the diaper bag they give you at the doctor's office that have yet to be sorted. The top of the entertainment center (I cannot wait until we can get a flat TV that mounts on the wall) has collected piles of...well...everything! Even our dinner table, which is usually the one spot that is kept clear most of the time, has odds and ends.

How did this happen? Where did it all come from? I'm tempted to just take a trash bag and throw it all away. Usually I'm able to manage all this clutter, and keep it down to maybe one pile on my desk that needs sorted. But not lately.

What do you do to manage clutter? Any suggestions for me?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Take a trash bag and throw it all away!

AC Momma said...

I wish I had some advice that would change your life but I don't. I totally relate to your post. Clutter drives me nuts. Our house is presentable, but if you look closely you can see the clutter. I move one pile and suddenly have two. Before I know it our closet is like a jungle. Don't even look in our drawers. With kids it's a full-time job keeping up with house work. I just shuffle clutter around and always tell myself I'll get to it tomorrow. Obviously my method isn't working.
Take care of yourself, clutter can pile up for a while. You'll get to it when you are feeling better. Good luck!

Home Theater said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Cheryl said...

I didn't do much in the first trimester. I say, just rest until the nausea goes away and then purge, purge, purge!