Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's a Good Thing...

It's ok if I turned on the TV to baseball and put Fritter in his highchair in the living room to watch it. Right? Ok, so I'm feeling a little guilty about it, but he was getting into EVERYTHING and I really thought that if I chased him one more time, I would really get sick. You know the feeling right?

*sigh* This has become my new mantra, "It's a good thing, it's a good thing, it's a...good...thing?"

Thank you for all of your advice. I tried ginger tea when I was sick with Fritter. The taste was fine, but the smell made my stomach churn worse than it already was. I haven't had any since. I had to laugh when I was given the advice to drink teaspoon fulls of Coke. Before I got pregnant with Fritter, I really disliked dark soda. Any kind, Dr. Pepper, Coke, Pepsi. Sometimes I could drink Root Beer, but only with ice cream, and never a whole one. However, while I was pregnant with him, I craved Pepsi. Or Coke, but mostly Pepsi. I couldn't even have told you the difference between the two before. I would send my dh off to get me a fountain Pepsi from the convenience store so we could share one. A can or bottle wouldn't do, it had to have the special ice from the convenience store. It just tasted better.

So maybe there was a reason I craved Pepsi. Maybe it made me feel better, I don't remember. But I may just give it a try.

My house is slowly falling apart, the laundry is piling up, my son wants to go to the park. All I can manage to do is make the bed in the morning, get myself dressed, make breakfast and lunch, and lay on the couch. I've had a load of laundry in the dryer for two days now waiting to get folded. My poor hubby this morning had to dig through it to find an undershirt. So I forced myself to throw one more load in the washer and move it to the dryer. Right now I have the first load that's been sitting around in a laundry basket and the other load is still sitting in the dryer. That's my only goal for today. Fold and put away both loads.

I'm getting a second wind, I'd better go fold before it ends.

No comments: