Thursday, January 24, 2008

Closet Space

I am a woman who worries about closet space, and one day I'll be dead.
--Marie Bellet "Closet Space"

This pretty much sums it up. The closets in our apartment are close to overflowing. In fact, the linen closet already did, as you will see in the pictures below. So, I came up with a grand plan to attack the problem. Ok, maybe only two of the closets, but it's a start, right?

I don't have a before picture of Fritter's closet, but trust me, it was full. It wasn't really messy, but I had ALL of the clothes that he had outgrown, in tubs, in his closet. So, I decided it was time for them to come out. They will go to our garage, until we need them again (God willing). So, this is what I pulled out of his closet.


And while I was at it, I pulled this out too. We use a smaller umbrella stroller now, so this can go in the garage until we need it again. (Baby not included).


Don't laugh when you see this next picture. I mean it, don't laugh! This was my linen closet before. I told you it was overflowing!




I took out all of the baby blankets and baby sheets and baby things, and put them in the newly opened area of Fritter's closet.

Then, I decided that Fritter has too many toys just laying around, so I put them into two separate baskets, and these will get rotated out once a week or so. (That's my plan for now). Before naps and bedtime, and before we leave the house, we will plop all the toys he has taken out into the basket and store it back in his closet.


All my hard work paid off. Here is my new and improved linen closet. I think I will smile now when I open this door.
That's about all the energy I have for organizing today. This weekend I have more plans though, so I will be sure to share.

2 comments:

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Your results look good! I need to do that with all the closets in my house!!

Cmerie said...

It took longer than it was supposed to, but I'd say it was well worth it.

Thanks for commenting!