Thursday, December 20, 2007

Goodbye For Now

We are leaving tomorrow afternoon, and I still have LOTS to do. So, I am saying goodbye a little early. I'm not sure if I'll get the chance to check in while we are gone, so have a blessed Christmas! We are planning on being back on the evening of the 1st (weather permitting of course).

Before I forget, here are the recipes I promised you. The gingersnaps were also Danielle's recipe, and again they turned out great. The biscotti is still cooling, but I did sneak a taste of one, and it was pretty yummy. I will say this though, they are very crumbly and the dough spreads while it's baking. Also, I cooked it on wax paper like it tells you to, and my oven and of course my house filled with smoke. Now my house smells like burning wax. Not sure what happened there, I've cooked on this particular paper before. Hmmm... By the way this is NOT Danielle's recipe, I found it on All Recipes. I took out the nuts, doubled the cinnamon, added 1 cup of white chocolate chips, and am going to dip half in melted semi-sweet chocolate. If you make this, I suggest you read the comments about it, there are very useful tips.

Have a great Christmas!!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Merry Christmas to you!

Cmerie said...

Thank you! I hope your Christmas was good as well.