Thursday, December 13, 2007

Busy Day

Today is the feast day of St. Lucy! In RCIA, we all picked a patron saint, and I picked her. I was initially drawn to her because her feast day is celebrated on...my birthday! Yep, that's right, it's my birthday. Last night, DH gave me his present. An iPod Nano!!! I have wanted one of these for so long, and after work last evening, he braved the crazy mall and picked one up for me. While he was at work, and Fritter was taking a nap, I did not do housework. Nope. I sat in front of my computer and played with my iPod. Another confession, I didn't know what a podcast was until today, but I plan on checking some out. Any recommendations?




Tonight, we went to Olive Garden for dinner (YUM!). We don't get out often, so this was a special treat. Then, our complex was having a Christmas party tonight, so after dinner, we showed up long enough to set Fritter on Santa's lap. He didn't cry like I thought he would, but given a little more time, he would have.


After all that, we came home, and I finished frosting my cake. I made a carrot cake. I planned on following this recipe, but the one I had in a cookbook only took 3 cups of grated carrots instead of 4. I didn't think it was going to be a big deal until I began shredding the carrots. 3 cups is a lot! But I think it turned out good, at least it smells like it. We haven't had any yet, we will soon.


PS-- I am falling behind on my feast day reports, but if I have a chance tomorrow, I will update them. Until then, learn more about St. Lucy here.

3 comments:

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Oh, I'm a day late, but Happy Belated Birthday!! What a great gift you got! I don't have an iPod:(, but my hubby does. Sorry, I don't have any podcast info. We've never accessed any and I don't know much about them. Have a great day!

Chelsea Rae said...

Podcasts are very exciting! My favourites are Catholic Answers (www.catholic.com) and Dr. Ray (www.relecantradio.com). I hope you enjoy them!

Cmerie said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes. Also, thanks for the podcast info. I checked out Catholic Answers (love it!), and haven't checked out Dr. Ray yet, but I plan too!